[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
eXept User Forum • View topic - problem with enable/disable menuItem
Problems with ST/X and Solutions

problem with enable/disable menuItem

Postby duetto » 17. Dec 2009, 20:52

hi all,

i'm building a small app with a tree control (SGTObjectList) and a standard file menu. the New menuItem has a key of newKey.

desired behaviour is to have the tree and File|New menuItem to be disabled at application start and then enabled when File|Open is selected. inspector shows that both items are disabled at time of postBuildWith:. they were set to enabled => false in menu editor.

the first line below does enable the tree control but the second does not enable the menu item. inspector shows the menuItem enabled attribute has a value of enabled. inspector also shows it is the correct menuItem.

anybody have an idea why menuItem is not being enabled? am i missing a step?

((builder componentAt:#SGTObjectList)scrolledView) enable.

menuItem := ((builder componentAt: #ToolBar1) menuHolder) atNameKey: #newKey.
menuItem enable.

i'm working with stx 542 on windows xp.

john cummings
duetto

Re: problem with enable/disable menuItem

Postby cgittinger » 17. Dec 2009, 21:28

cgittinger

Re: problem with enable/disable menuItem

Postby duetto » 17. Dec 2009, 23:18

claus,

as usual, thanks for the quick reply. i will build a test app using your suggestions. if i still have the problem, i will send the mini app. i'm not a pro coder, so this will take awhile :)

thanks again,

john
duetto

Return to Troubleshooting