Questions about usage of the system and tools

Ubuntu package unavailable

Postby marvin_littlewood » 10. Jan 2010, 13:25

Hello!

If you navigate to the instructions at http://smalltalk.felk.cvut.cz/projects/stx-goodies/wiki/Download for installing an Ubuntu package and carry them out, you get the following error:

Forbidden:
You don't have permission to access /debian/dists/smalltalk/contrib/binary-i386/Packages on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_wsgi/2.5 Server at smalltalk.felk.cvut.cz Port 80

This prevents the package manager from downloading the information it needs to identify what to install. Net result, all Jan's hard work is wasted!

FWIW, I found installing the package on Ubuntu straightforward. I unzipped the linux.tgz and common.tgz files to the recommended directories. After testing, I found using a link to the executable to start things up, an effective solution. It appears to make no difference for 'ordinary' use. I have yet to test compiling projects however.

Best wishes

Mark
marvin_littlewood

Re: Ubuntu package unavailable

Postby jan_vrany » 10. Jan 2010, 13:34

Mea culpa!

Should work now.

Jan
jan_vrany

Re: Ubuntu package unavailable

Postby marvin_littlewood » 10. Jan 2010, 19:09

Hi Jan

Wow - that was quick! I'll try your installation when I next get some play time!

Thank you.

Mark
marvin_littlewood

Return to General Help